On 5/26/06, Charles Manning <manningc2@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
The email got really badly smashed up by the time I received it, and I expect
others might have had the same problem too. This might have been due to your
emial client or it might be due to the way Nick forwarded it. It is best to
post directly to the list.

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 17:55, hurray_0@sina.com wrote:
> # mount -t
> yaffs /dev/mtdblock/3 /mnt> yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.3, dev is
> 7939 "1f:03"> yaffs: MTD device does not support required functions> mount:
> Mounting /dev/mtdblock/3 on /mnt failed

There are a few things that need to be right:

1) When you mount, you need to tell the system you want to mount in "yaffs"
mode to support 512 byte devices. You can do this with

#  mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock/2  /mnt/flash

The "MTD device does not support required functions" happens because different
mtd functions are used for 512 byte NAND versus 2k NAND or the mtd driver you
have does not support the required functions.

The easiest way to resolve this is likely to look in yaffs_fs.c where the
checks are made and add a few more checks.

and also could be cause enough when we have a cvs yaffs trying to talk to a  2.4.18 kernel
on the mx2 which i believe has a custom nand_core layer written