So in YAFFS2, Variable Chunk ID has been lifted up to 32 bits. That limits any particular file to 2^43 (assuming 2048-byte
chunks). And this is ultimate theoritical maximum file system size YAFFS2 can recognize in one partition? Is there any other limit?

2008/10/30 Charles Manning <manningc2@actrix.gen.nz>

On Friday 24 October 2008 22:19:59 Ken Yu wrote:
> Hi, all:
> In yaffs_guts.h, YAFFS_MAX_CHUNK_ID is 0x000FFFFF.
> If my nand flash page size is 2048 bytes, it means that the max nand size
> yaffs can recognize is 2GB.
> Am I right?

No.

That chunk Id refers to the chunk Id in a file (ie offset of chunk numbers
into a file).

That limits any one file to approx 2GB with 2048-byte chunks.

This limit can be reasonably easily lifted to cope with larger files.