Hi ,

Thanks for your continued co-operation and support.

With suggestions from yourside , I did the  modification at low level drivers.
Now I am not seeing any YAFFS error message during mounting. I can see lost+found  in mounted directory.

Command #cat /proc/yaffs gives the following results:

 #cat /proc/yaffs
YAFFS built:Jan 21 2010 20:23:59

$Id: yaffs_fs.c,v 1.58 2007/02/14 01:09:06 wookey Exp $
$Id: yaffs_guts.c,v 1.47 2007/02/14 01:09:06 wookey Exp $
Device 0 "Linux Image"
startBlock......... 0
endBlock........... 15
chunkGroupBits..... 0
chunkGroupSize..... 1
nErasedBlocks...... 9

nTnodesCreated..... 0
nFreeTnodes........ 0
nObjectsCreated.... 200
nFreeObjects....... 94
nFreeChunks........ 639

nPageWrites........ 0
nPageReads......... 0
nBlockErasures..... 0
nGCCopies.......... 0
garbageCollections. 0
passiveGCs......... 0
nRetriedWrites..... 0
nRetireBlocks...... 0
eccFixed........... 0
eccUnfixed......... 0
tagsEccFixed....... 0
tagsEccUnfixed..... 0
cacheHits.......... 0
nDeletedFiles...... 0
nUnlinkedFiles..... 0
nBackgroudDeletions 0
useNANDECC......... 1
isYaffs2........... 1

Now I gave the following commands

#cd /mnt
#mkdir abc
Gives the error message as
mkdir: cannot create directory 'abc': Cannot allocate memory
[...]

nUnlinkedFiles..... 1
nBackgroudDeletions 0
useNANDECC......... 1
isYaffs2........... 1

every time when I create a directry/file, value of nUnlinkedFiles is changing but I can not see the folders/files in mounted dicertory.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saquib Herman

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Charles Manning <manningc2@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
Try turning on all tracing, including tracing in the mtd.

Also:
1) What does 'cat /rpoc/mtd' show?
2) What does dmesg show when you do the mount?
3) Did you erase the flash?

If you are getting a 'no more erased blocks' message then that means all the
blocks were either full or bad. Try to erase the flash and see if that fixes
things. If not, then there is alikely a problem in the bad block handling or
spare area handling in your mtd.

-- Charles