Hi All,

Only with 256MB partition size it is not working.

When you reduce the size do the writes to the fourth partition work or only to
the first three partitions?

Yes its working fine for all partitions.With MTD Utility I have not tried.

We had combination of 300MB 300MB 300MB and rest is fourth partition (of 1GB NAND). It is working fine, read/write on all partitions done successfully.

Was this issue is faced by anyone or this is the first time I am getting?

Thanks & regards,
Saquib

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Charles Manning <manningc2@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
On Friday 26 February 2010 01:39:44 Saquib wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your continued support and cooperation.
>
> On Numonyx nand flash of 1GB we are trying to create four partitions of
> 256MB each.
>
> The problem is when ever we are trying to create the file in any of the
> partition, it is not writing file(s) into NAND flash.
>
> When we do unmount and re-mount on the same partitions, not able to see the
> files.
>
> *Obervation:
> *
> When size of the partitions is reduced to 128MB as below, file(s) storage
> on NAND flash is happening successfully.
>
> First Partition = 128MB
>
> Second Partition = 128MB
>
> Third Partition = 128MB
>
> Fourth Partition = remaining left free space (of 1GB).
>
> Please help me to resolve issue.

When you reduce the size do the writes to the fourth partition work or only to
the first three partitions?

If you read/write with the mtd tools what happens?