[Yaffs] Optinins sought on change attribute times to 64 bits

Luc Van Oostenryck lkml at looxix.net
Wed Aug 3 00:21:21 BST 2005

Charles Manning wrote:
> I support Luc's suggestion below, but the only caveat is that existing WinCE
> stuff would get broken. This might or might not be an issue for WinCE folks,
> but I hunch the standard WinCE operating model is that if you update your OS
> you re-nuke your flash storage too, making this a non-issue.

I was talking only about the Linux part, whithout changing the WinCE.
Like this:

#ifdef CONFIG_YAFFS_WINCE
	__u32 notForWinCE[5];
#else
	__u32 yst_uid;   // user ID of owner
	__u32 yst_gid;    // group ID of owner
	__u32 yst_atime_sec; // time of last access
	__u32 yst_mtime_sec; // time of last modification
	__u32 yst_ctime_sec; // time of last change
#endif

<snip>

#ifdef CONFIG_YAFFS_WINCE
	__u32 win_ctime[2];
	__u32 win_atime[2];
	__u32 win_mtime[2];
	__u32 roomToGrow[4];
#else
	__u32 yst_ctime_nsec;	// don't use the value if it is 0xFFFFFFFF
	__u32 yst_atime_nsec;	//    -> compatibility with yaffs1
	__u32 yst_mtime_nsec;
	__u32 roomToGrow[7];
#endif

Luc