[Yaffs] Yaffs2 create bad blocks?

Jon Masters jonmasters at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 03:57:04 GMT 2006

On 1/8/06, Sergey Kubushyn <ksi at koi8.net> wrote:

jcm>> Can we /please/ just get the MTD layer to export some kind of version
jcm>> dependency that YAFFS can use to determine whether it will work
jcm>> against a particular release? It would be simple to then have a
jcm>> blacklist of known-bad MTDs or the reverse (which would be better).

> That's easy and doesn't require exporting anything. It does NOT work with
> ANY stock MTD. One patch makes it work with ALL of MTD versions.

Changing MTD for YAFFS is not what I'm saying. I'm saying it does work
with some versions so we just have a tigher bonding for figuring that
out. Allows YAFFS to cleanly refuse (at run time) to work without some
override in the case that it doesn't know about an MTD version that
might cause it some bother.

> Unfortunately YAFFS guys do NOT want to take this patch, probably because
> I'm not among their favorite worshippers...

I would guess it's partly down to that attitude.

> *  KSI at home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
> *  Las Vegas   NV, USA   < >  Miracles require 24-hour notice.   *

...and a signature like that one :-)

Jon.