gc causing kernel panic (WAS Re: [Yaffs] very simple example of YAFFS2 "forgetting" a file)

Michael Schmidt michael at embeddedArm.com
Mon Jan 16 19:26:26 GMT 2006

Charles Manning wrote:
> What is almost certainly happening is that the tags are getting
> corrupted.
>
> You might like to try Sergey's patch if you have not already done so.

I'm not sure why my own fix suddenly stopped working, but Sergey's patch
fixed the problem, thanks Sergey!

However now I get to the point where when the GC cycle runs I get a couple
messages like "page 5568 in gc has no object" and then the kernel panics.
It looks like the code that detects this problem isn't doing anything other
then just printing that message, so I assume something is messed up (tags
still getting corrupted???) that cannot be fixed if it gets to that point?