[Yaffs] bit error rates

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
Mon Feb 6 20:28:22 GMT 2006

I'm looking at using YAFFS in a product we are working on and I'm trying
to understand the bit error rates of SLC nand devices.

All the docs I've read talk about bit errors that can occur.  Do these
errors occur outside of a write/erase cycle?  Meaning that if I read the
same page 100,000 times am I going to get a bit error?

Or are they only due to the oxide layer breakdown that occurs during an
erase?

Any pointers to clear documentation on this would be appreciated.

Also does anyone here have any experience with using YAFFS and an Altera
NIOS II setup?  I'm not using uCLinux.

Whats the current ram and rom requirements for the direct setup (no OS)
and a 2k device.

--
Richard A. Smith
Bitworks, Inc