[Yaffs] yaffs mount/umount problems

Livio Tenze livio.tenze at enteos.it
Fri Mar 10 16:35:44 GMT 2006

Hello Charles,

I have a problem with the yaffs. I succeded to properly compile and
mount the yaffs filesystem with my NAND (I have an MX21 board with 64M
Nand). The problem I encountered is the following:
1) I erase the Nand device with mkyaffs and mount the yaffs: mount -t
yaffs /dev/mtd/5 /mnt
2) I copy some files in the /mnt with cp minicom.log /mnt
3) Now I can read and write without any error the nand flash.
4) I umount the nand with umount /mnt
The problem is here:
5) I mount again the filesystem mount -t yaffs /dev/mtd/5 /mnt
6) If I try to read the previously written data, it is not possibile.
The files I copied are empty or are no longer visibile.

If I do not umount the filesystem yaffs seems to work well, but if I
umount the filesystem I am no longer able to read the written data.

May you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Livius