[Yaffs] mkyaffsimage question

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Tue Mar 21 21:03:09 GMT 2006

I poked around the archives a bit, and didn't see the answer.

Is there any plan to add support for mkyaffsimage to be able to accept
device tables, similar to mkjffs2 or genext2fs? (-D, --devtable <file>)

this is pretty handy when creating a root filesystem...

Thanks in advance
-Robin

For example, this is the text from the device_table.txt we use with
genext2fs, and mkjffs2.

# When building a target filesystem, it is desirable to not have to
# become root and then run 'mknod' a thousand times.  Using a device
# table you can create device nodes and directories "on the fly".
#
# This is a sample device table file for use with genext2fs.  You can
# do all sorts of interesting things with a device table file.  For
# example, if you want to adjust the permissions on a particular file
# you can just add an entry like:
#   /sbin/foobar        f       2755    0       0       -       -       -
     -       -
# and (assuming the file /sbin/foobar exists) it will be made setuid
# root (regardless of what its permissions are on the host filesystem.
# Furthermore, you can use a single table entry to create a many device
# minors.  For example, if I wanted to create /dev/hda and /dev/hda[0-15]
# I could just use the following two table entries:
#   /dev/hda    b       640     0       0       3       0       0       0
     -
#   /dev/hda    b       640     0       0       3       1       1       1
     15
#
# Device table entries take the form of:
<inc>   <count>
# where name is the file name,  type can be one of:
#       f       A regular file
#       d       Directory
#       c       Character special device file
#       b       Block special device file
#       p       Fifo (named pipe)
# uid is the user id for the target file, gid is the group id for the
# target file.  The rest of the entries (major, minor, etc) apply only
# to device special files.

<inc>   <count>
[snip long list of stuff]