[Yaffs] mkyaffsimage question

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Wed Mar 22 03:47:04 GMT 2006

Brad wrote:
>You might want to try fakeroot.

Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look, but I am not sure it really
does want I want.

Russ wrote:
>I think the device table is the preference of most embedded developers,
>since its easy to CM, and requires no device creation scripts or external
>tools (such as fakeroot).

Yeah - that would be me - we are doing embedded Linux - today I can take
the same directory structure and run it through mkjffs2 and genext2fs (both
pointing to the same device_table. Our make does both at the same time. If
I need to mess around with fakeroot, it seems like I need to do something
that only is needed for YAFFS?

The dist we are using is uClinux - which supports lots of boards, and lots
of platforms - all built with device tables. It would be nice to move
something that worked the same way so when we added YAFFS, it wasn't just
for a few platforms.

Thanks
-Robin