[Yaffs] yaffs2: NAND geometry question

Claudio Lanconelli lanconelli.claudio at eptar.com
Wed Mar 22 12:48:10 GMT 2006

Livio Tenze wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Excuse for the dummy question but I am a novice in yaffs: is it
> possibile to use the YAFFS2 filesystem with NAND device with geometry
> 512+16 ? I read the code where it seems that the minimum page size is
> 1024 and the minimum spare is 32. Is it right?
Hi Livio,
Yes it's possible.
There is a parameter in the config to enable auto selection in base of
the Nand page size, enable it.

config YAFFS_AUTO_YAFFS2
	bool "Autoselect yaffs2 format"
	depends on YAFFS_YAFFS2
	default y
	help
	  Without this, you need to explicitely use yaffs2 as the file
	  system type. With this, you can say "yaffs" and yaffs or yaffs2
          will be used depending on the device page size.

	  If unsure, say Y.

Cheers,
Claudio Lanconelli