[Yaffs] Maximum file size

Ross Stutterheim ross.sweng at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:32:56 BST 2006

I saw a post on the Linux-MTD mailing list (post from about a month ago)
that said the maximum file size for YAFFS2 (with a large page NAND) is 2GB.
The person who wrote this said it was due to YAFFS_MAX_CHUNK_ID *
chunksize.  YAFFS_MAX_CHUNK_ID = 0xFFFFF.  Can this be increased without
effecting functionality otherwise?  What is the reason for it being this
size in particular.  My device is potentially going to need a file size of ~
4GB.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ross S.