[Yaffs] latest cvs of yaffs2

Nick Bane nick at cecomputing.co.uk
Tue May 23 12:10:39 BST 2006

I am trying to establish a re-port of yaffs2 to 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1 using
2k nand and have come across an unexpected issue.

The port is the current cvs with several modifications.

- #define __user is needed in yaffs_fs.c for 2.4 kernels

- An update to yaffs_mtdif2.c to extract the tags according to the
current oobinfo for raw oob reads as per Wookeys recent efforts.

- A patch to mtdpart.c to copy the master mtd oobinfo to a slave mtd as
per later 2.6 kernels without which the slave oobinfo is empty and
causes grief when mounting a yaffs2 partition. This may be the first
report of this for the 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1 kernel.

I compile the kernel with either a Dec 2005 or the latest cvs. The older
one fails to boot corrctly due to oob alignment but is otherwise ok. The
new version however seems to corrupt devfs so that when mounting devfs
(just after yaffs2 is successfully mounted as root) error -2 is returned
from mount_devfs_fs(). This is *new* behaviour as far as I can see.

Removing the third patch makes no difference.

Has anyone a similar experience?

Nick Bane