[Yaffs-archive] RE: newbie to yaffs

Author: Charles Manning
To: 'Steve Tsai ', 'yaffs@toby-churchill.org '
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] RE: newbie to yaffs
Steve

Great to see someone exploring yaffs from a new angle (ie. uCLinux).

I'm using a poxy webmail client right now, so please forgive the format of
my response.

Steve wrote:
I am using uClinux 2.4.17 on my ARM board and I used JFFS2 before. I
tried to put YAFFS to the kernal tree and use it on my system. After
compiling, I can mount YAFFS and access the file system, but I have few
problems about yaffs.

1. When I mount yaffs, the mount function will return none-zero value,
but it mounts successfully. I try to hack sys_mount, but it return zero.
[Charles] Thanx I will investigate.

2. I do the following steps and got some errors.
          mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt
          cd /mnt
          mkdir test
           cd test
            -- kernel BUG at dcache.h:247       //dget()
            -- kernel BUG at dcache.c:129       //dput()

    How can I trace the problem.
[Charles] There are some remaining issues in the vfs interface that I'm
working on at present. I suggest that you try roll back to version 1.12 of
yaffs_fs.c this might work better.

3. I found the nBlocks have to be set as the value that is power of 2.
Why? I have to set the MTD partition to 16Mbytes to fit the value and I
set the partition to 31Mbytes before. I think it constrains the size of
the MTD partition.
[Charles] This is a problem that I am aware of need to address. For now it
is important to set dev->nBlocks to the next power of 2 greater than
dev->endBlock.

Good like, feel free to ask and give comments.