[Yaffs-archive] YAFFS update and wish-list

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] YAFFS update and wish-list
I have just checked in a few changes.

To aid problem tracking I have added a $Id$ to most files.

Right now, the only problem I am aware of is a renaming issue. If you rename
over an existing file, then the rename fails. ie if xx exists, then mv yy xx
fails.

I intend to fix this in the next few days.

If you are aware of more issues, please bleat.

OK now onto the wishlist. What do you YAFFSers wish to see in YAFFS by the
end of the year?

Herewith some things I can think of straight off:
* "Checkpointing". ie unmounting saves state to effect a rapid mount. Most
critical with larger NAND arrays.
* Hardware error correction support.
* Possible DiskOnChip support.

-- CHarles