[Yaffs-archive] Re: YAFFS Latest CVS -==> Checkin

Author: Charles Manning
To: tglx, Nick Bane, Charles Manning, yaffs list
CC: Jeffrey Lim
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: YAFFS Latest CVS -==> Checkin
I have checked in a variant of Thomas' patches. I strongly suggest you use
them if your mtd layer is compatable since they will buy you a speed-up. If
your mtd isn't compatable (you'll probably get compilation errors), then I
strongly suggest you update your mtd support.

On Nick's suggestion I have added CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_OLD_MTD
which disables Thomas' stuff and keep things as they were. You should only
need this if you get a broken compile or you have a NAND that only half works
(ie does not support all functions - like nandemul for instance)

I will be hacking my nandemul thing to facilitate testing. The nandemul does
not support the new stuff yet.

Christian Gan: I'd appreciate your comments on whether this works for you.

I checked in some other work in progress which I think works and hopefully
doesn't break anything. If it does, be sure to send me a roasting.

Even if this works, it isn't perfect yet. Still, should be way faster...