[Yaffs-archive] YAFFS directory looping issue - report & fix

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs list
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] YAFFS directory looping issue - report & fix
Hi YAFFSers:

A problem that can happen under YAFFS direct and WinCE is that a directory
can be renamed to be ints own decendent.

eg.

mkdir /a
mkdir /a/b
mv /a /a/b/c
Now the whole of /a is "lost"

The directory and all its dependents still exist, but cannot be accessed.
Bummer.

This does not occur under Linux because the VFS knows to take care of us.

Both YAFFS direct and WinCE have been fixed. The YAFFS direct fix is being
checked in right now but my network access to Aleph1 CVS is very slow right
now and I hope it completes OK. [Just did]

The WInCE stuff will be checked in later this week with some error code fixes.

-- CHarles