[Yaffs-archive] Re: PPCboot et Yaffs

Author: Charles Manning
To: Stephan Linke, olivier.eribon
CC: Yaffs List
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: PPCboot et Yaffs
It is not clear to me what you are trying to achieve within PPCBOOT
* Do you want to just use the bootloader?
* Do you want the whole file system?

YAFFS uses __KERNEL__ to distinguish between Linux builds and other builds
(WinCE, etc). If you are using YAFFS in a bootloader configuration (ie only
using YAFFS headers), then defining __KERNEL__ will want to include
semaphores etc which Linux understands but a bootloader likely won't.

I suggest fiddling with the headers until you get a good compile (eg.
substitute any __KERNEL__ in YAFFS with CONFIG_YAFFS_LINUX_KERNEL).
then come back to be with any suggestions for improvement.

-- Charles