[Yaffs-archive] some questions to use the Yaffs

Author: gjx
To: yaffs@toby-churchill.org
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] some questions to use the Yaffs
hello,yaffs

    Our development board is PB1000,our system's Brief Details:
cpu-AU1000/AU1100,Operation System-Monta Vista Linux(hardhat linux),256M NAND Flash(SumSung),256K/1M NOR flash(AMD), bootloader-YAMON.

We want to use the YAFFS, do we need to write the MTD driver for my nand flash? If we have to do so,please give me some references and some notes.

   I found that the balloon's brief details(http://www.toby-churchill.org/):1MB NOR Flash , 32MB NAND flash , Linux 2.4.19-rmk4-tcl2 , yaffs filesystem , Bootldr.
(1)Is the bootloader stored in the 1MB NOR Flash?  And Are OS(Linux 2.4.19-rmk4-tcl2) and root filesystem(yaffs) stored in the 32MB NAND Flash?
(2)If it is right above, I think the Bootldr should be able to identify the YAFFS, and the kernel of the OS can subsequently be read from the NAND(i.e. yaffs) to the RAM.  is't true?
(3)if it is true above, how to modify the bootloader to realize the idea?
(4)Can you send the relevant document of the modification of the Bootldr for using the yaffs?
    if you can't understand,please send to me, i will describe it in detail.   thanks very much!

        gjx

          2003-04-11