[Yaffs-archive] Re:[YAFFS] bootloader size

Author: Charles Manning
To: guo, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re:[YAFFS] bootloader size
On Sunday 27 July 2003 22:23, wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     My question is, I have only 16K Bytes bootloader size, Can I put the
> some base codes and YAFFS Bootloader into it? I use Samsung 2410 CPU to
> develop a Linux system with NAND FLASH. Because this CPU can load first 16K
> Bytes NAND FLASH into RAM at boot time, so I drop every MROM & NOR FLASH.
> Can I put the some base codes and YAFFS Bootloader into 16K Bytes? If it
> can be, the Linux loader and Linux Kernel can be put with YAFFS format, It
> is very helpful to me. If not, I must mange it myself.
> Best Regards,
> Russell Greece.

Sorry for the delay, I've been in hospital the last couple of days. Feeling
better now.

This should work fine.

The YAFFS bootloader code is smaller than 16kB. I did a test build for ARM
and the text, rodata + init data requirements were less than 4kB, and I'm
sure could be made even smaller with a bit of effort.