[Yaffs-archive] Re: cannot see files in yaffs image

Author: Charles Manning
To: Nick Bane, Skumar, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: cannot see files in yaffs image
As Nick says, mkyaffsimage just builds a binary image of the yaffs NAND and
does not install it onto the NAND.

* Some custome loader as per what Nick describes.
* mkyaffs.

mkyaffs formats an mtd for YAFFS. If you specify the optional image file (ie
created by mkyaffsimage), then it will load that image into the NAND too. I
think this is what you want.

NB mkyaffs is largely untested, but should work with a few smacks. If you
change/fix something please feed it back to either me or the list.

The reason your cp did not work is that the cp does not write the OOB data
which is critical to YAFFS.

-- CHarles