[Yaffs-archive] YAFFS stabily/snapshots

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] YAFFS stabily/snapshots
It seems that what is in cvs is reasonably stable, though there are a few
problems I am aware of that crop up under certain conditions:

* Turning off NANDECC is bad. I screwed up stuff when I include Thomas'
speed-up patches.
* Turning off BACKGROUND DELETION is bad.

Both of these are easy to work around.
The first of these is pretty easy to fix.
The second is rather more complex and maybe not required in the long run, I
will thus most likely just pull it out (ie. background deletion always on).
Stuff in the pipe makes deletion way faster and addresses the concerns of
people who were fiddling in this area.

There is some significant work in progress which I'd rather not check in over
the top of what is already in CVS. Though it looks reasonably solid, I'd
rather not destabilise what's there now.

I realise that people are starting to ship with YAFFS and there is growing
desire to make steps towards getting YAFFS into the kernel tree - or at least
in some "drop-in" form.

To support both stability and improvement I think we need to start stability
trees/snapshots for YAFFS.

I therefore request:
* Any input as to what works well for people. CVS branches, snapshots, both?
* Any input as to preferred publishing of snapshots. ftp?

Thanx

-- CHarles