[Yaffs-archive] Re: YAFFS list and archive

Author: Wookey
To: Charles Manning
CC: Bradley A. Bosch, YAFFS list
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: YAFFS list and archive
On Fri 20 Dec, Charles Manning wrote:
> The yaffs list does indeed seem iffy at present (maybe for the last few days).

I haven't noticed any trouble. Nick - did you have any pre-Xmas list-serv
probs?

An archive would be useful. I'll take a look at putting one up on a box
somewhere.

> > Because of the rather large total storage we need (512 MB), at some
> > point (perhaps not the first revision), we will most likely be using
> > the next generation of flash chips which means MLC and/or large block
> > parts. It looks like you plan to support these in YAFFS2. Any idea
> > when that might make it to the working code stage?

> > Thanks in advance for your response and thanks for your work on YAFFS!

> The good feedback makes it all worthwhile.

Which is true of course, but to address the timing query above, as Charles
didn't say anything specific, I'll just add that the timescales can be
significantly improved by the application of some actual cash, should
anyone be sufficiently enthused...

Currently Charles is busy on a pSOS YAFFS port so nothing much is going on
the YAFFS2 front. He'll get back to that as a background task sometime next
month(?). I'll leave it to him to guess when something to play with might
become available with or without the application of extra encouragement.