[Yaffs-archive] RE: how to start?

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Manning
To: 'Skumar', yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] RE: how to start?
Sharath

To answer your questions...

To get yaffs working on your board the easiest (preferred) way is to use the
mtd interface to your NAND parts. You then mount the mtd device as a yaffs
file system. There are docs on this in CVS.

YAFFS has a utility called mkyaffsimage that will create a file system
image. This is useful for creating a rootfs. Nick Bane has got YAFFS up as a
rootfs on Balloon
http://www.toby-churchill.org/Distribution/distribution.html
<http://www.toby-churchill.org/Distribution/distribution.html> . Hopefully
Nick will write a nice doc sometime (hint Nick :-)).

I don't know if the yaffs list is archived.

-- Charles