[Yaffs-archive] MTD settings for yaffs ?

Author: J.D. Bakker
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] MTD settings for yaffs ?
Hi all,

I've just finished an MTD driver for a 1Gb Toshiba NAND Flash on a
LART expansion board. I want to use yaffs on the entire NAND, and was
wondering about the proper setting of some MTD options

1) Should my driver set this->eccmode to NAND_ECC_NONE or
NAND_ECC_SOFT ? I know yaffs does its own ECC, but MTD is quite ..
verbose in discouraging NAND_ECC_NONE.

2) In a similar vein, should CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE be set ?

3) (not really MTD related, but...) Is there an upper limit to the
size of a yaffs partition, or files thereon ?

Thanks,

JDB
[who now gets to figure out the best way to get his other 7 NANDs to
join in the fun&games]
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/