[Yaffs-archive] RE: yaffs: serious error in yaffs guts

Author: Christian Gan
To: Nick Bane, manningc2, yaffs list
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] RE: yaffs: serious error in yaffs guts
Hey guys,

I think if you want to reserve the functionality to use the eccstatus in
readChunkFromNAND then we can go to the other solution of copying (spare +
eccres1 + eccres2) in nandmtd_ReadChunkFromNand and do away with tmpSpare.
But we have to be very careful for all functions calling
nandmtd_ReadChunkFromNand to ensure that it passes a yaffs_Spare buffer that
is large enough to accomodate the extra ints. Somebody in the future may
forget this fact since usually yaffs_Spare is defined as
YAFFS_BYTES_PER_SPARE bytes.