[Yaffs-archive] Re: need help on development with Mobile Dis…

Author: Charles Manning
To: Nick Bane, weikai, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: need help on development with Mobile Disk On Chip G3
On Tuesday 09 December 2003 22:10, Nick Bane wrote:
> > Hi all, I am doing some development with Mobile DOC G3 produced by M-sys.
>
> I find it is hard to get the specification on how
>
> > to access the device. Only I can find is documents full of TrueFFS
>
> supplied by M-sys. I found there are codes in kernel source for DOC2000 but
> I don't know whether they are exactly appropriate. Give me some ideas,
> please. Thank you very much.
>
> You might try the mtd mailing list for those details
> (). TrueFFS is not yaffs and that is the topic
> of this list.

Under the hood, most (??all??) of the DOC chips are NAND and could be used to
run JFFS2 or YAFFS. Many people do use JFFS2 with some DOC devices (I don't
know about the G3), I don't know about people using YAFFS though, but it is
certainly possible.

MSys push TrueFFS hard because that is their big value added (that's why DOC
is so expensiver per-byte).

-- CHarles