[Yaffs-archive] Re: remaining space on file system

Author: Charles Manning
To: Stephan Linke, Yaffs List
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: remaining space on file system
On Monday 21 July 2003 20:57, Stephan Linke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need something to figure out how many space is remaining on a yaffs
> filesystem. df shows only the usage compaired to the over all size butI
> have to take the overhead from partilay used pages etc. into account too.
> Does anybody know how to make a good guess or is there any tool to do so?
>
> Thanx, Stephan

YAFFS derives its free space by counting the number of free "chunks" (pages)
and subtracting a reserved space for garbage collection etc. It does not
include partially used pages in the free space calculation since the partial
pages are allocated and are thus in use.

Why woul you want to do that? THere is no guarantee that you can get the
space in a partially used page since that page is allocated to a file.