[Yaffs-archive] to Nick Bane

Author: gjx
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] to Nick Bane
hello,Nick Bane

    have you received the mail two days ago?

>The bootloader for balloon is indeed stored in NOR. We now use 1/2MB AMD NOR
>flash chips as they are very cheap.

do you maintain balloon project now?

>The OS image is in a separate yaffs partition on nand for speed of booting
>and the rest is the root fs.

when the partitions on nand are made? is it after the bootloader has started and been working? in addtion, how to make the partitions on nand, is there the code to make partition in bootloader?

>The latest bootldr from handhelds.org illustrates the inclusion of yaffs in
>Bootldr using my diffs as a base. However, this is not a complete working
>system so yesterday I ported our current bootldr to use the same structure
>as the handhelds code.
>I will be zipping that and putting it on the balloon website very shortly.
>If I don't get around to it speediliy enough for you, do email me for a
>copy.

i have not seen it on the ballooon website ,please send me a copy. can you send me the related docment about the performance of the yaffs with bootldr which the balloon applys.thanks very much!

>There is usb bootldr support included and it seems to all nearly work until
>the first nak packet at which the usb dies. This is typically after about
>2MB of upload so it is nearly there.
>
>Nick Bane

        can you understand?  thanks!

        gjx