[Yaffs-archive] RE: yaffs: serious error in yaffs guts

Author: Christian Gan
To: Nick Bane, yaffs list
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] RE: yaffs: serious error in yaffs guts
Also,

In yaffs_guts there is no real need to check eccres1 and eccres2 you should
only need to check the return value of nandmtd_ReadChunkFromNand. The two
extra ints from the NAND MTD are only useful when you are performing
multiple page reads when calling nand_read_ecc, since they will tell you
which of the pages you requested has failed. But YAFFs only a reads single
page at a time, looking at the return value of nand_read_ecc is enough to
know if the write was successful or if an ecc error has occurred for that
page. This value is checked in nandmtd_ReadChunkFromNand and it passes on a
YAFFS_OK or YAFFS_FAIL (for any ecc errors) appropriately.

Christian