[Balloon] Fw: Re: Balloon USB Master

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Fw: Re: Balloon USB Master
Nick asked me about the current state of asking about USB drivers and I
finally got round to pestering Transdimension. The reply was not encouraging:

Nick Bane wrote:
> Wookey wrote:
> > Transdimension 'don't do open source'. They do supply drivers (for kernel
> > 2.4.18). I'm finding out what the deal is and whether they are actually
> > averse to drivers being written, or they just aren't going to do it
> > themselves, but basically I don't think we want to go with their hardware as
> > they clearly have the wrong attitude.
>
> That is fine by me. Let me+Steve know when the recommendation for Cypress is
> agreed on and we can go down that route. Do we want to do an xscale board
> while we are doing this or do it in two jumps?

I've moved this to the list so that said recommendation could be 'agreed
on'. I've forgotten what the Cypress driver situation was now (having lost
the relevant mail). I've just mailed them again to see what they have to say.