[Balloon] Trouble getting Balloon to play

Author: Peter Clifton
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Trouble getting Balloon to play
Hi, I'm trying to get a balloon 2.05g (I think) to play nicely and load
linux.

I have tried using fillballoon6.sh and the images supplied from the
Wiki, but upon loading the second bootloader, the ballooon reboots and
just sits there flashing a red and a green LED on and off repeatedly.

I tried JTaging the large boot loader (over night), which had the same
result, so I then tried JTaging the small bootloader, then uploading the
TCL "new" bootloader, which appeared to work.

Since then I've had very little luck with uploading the root fs and
kernel image. At one point I had the images all loaded, but on every
reboot, the kernel panicked and went into a loop dumping registers onto
the serial console.

I think before it had done that, it complained about ECC checksums
somewhere, but everything scrolled far too fast after that.

I am trying to get back to a "blank" state, but every time I issue "nand
erasechip", the balloon just sits there (yellow LED next to middle Nand
flash chip (samsung) is on).

Does this erasure just take plain ages, or is it likely to have hung?

Thanks for any info

Peter Clifton