[Yaffs-archive] Re: Porting Direct Interface to VxWorks

Author: Charles Manning
To: fali, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: Porting Direct Interface to VxWorks
On Tuesday 15 June 2004 11:58, wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am starting a port of YAFFS to VxWorks, I have read through the mailing
> list archives and I didnt see too many people use the direct interface
> (most were using mtd, I assume).
>
> It would be great to get any general tips regarding porting the direct
> interface.
>
> Thanks and I'll keep you posted on my progress.
>
> Farhan

Quite a few people have used the direct interface with an RTOS, but have not
discussed things publicly for various reasons, primarily becuase they have
been using the alternative license.

There is some how-to-ish documentation in CVS.

Yaffs abstracts out all OS specific functions (see yaffscfg.c and yportenv.h)
You will need to provide functions for seterror, time, memory, and
lock/unlock. The last two are used to lock yaffs so that only one thread is
yaffsing at a time.

Then, you need to configure your "partitions" as per yaffscfg.c and you need
to write your low level nand access functions.

After that you're almost done.... call that yaffs functions as per yaffs_fs.h

Yaffs direct is what I use for most yaffs_guts development (because it is
easier to debug in user space), so it is pretty well tested.