[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: bootloader size

Author: Matan Ziv-Av
To: guo
CC: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: bootloader size
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 wrote:

>     My question is, I have only 16K Bytes bootloader size, Can I put
>     the some base codes and YAFFS Bootloader into it?

>     I use Samsung 2410 CPU to develop a Linux system with NAND FLASH.
>     Because this CPU can load first 16K Bytes NAND FLASH into RAM at
>     boot time, so I drop every MROM & NOR FLASH. Can I put the some
>     base codes and YAFFS Bootloader into 16K Bytes? If it can be, the
>     Linux loader and Linux Kernel can be put with YAFFS format, It is
>     very helpful to me. If not, I must mange it myself.

Download http://www.arava.co.il/matan/work/misc/blob-207.tgz

This is a boot loader I adapted for SH4, and includes booting from
yaffs. All the code for reading yaffs is in the file yaffs.c. On SH4
(which has a high code density) it compiles to 4KB, so I expect it
should be less that 8KB on an ARM processor. If it is still too much,
you can implement a slower ecc routine which takes less space, or
eliminate ecc at all.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.