[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] RE: "du" returns wrong values on yaf…

Author: Stephan Linke
To: manningc2, Yaffs List
Subject: [Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] RE: "du" returns wrong values on yaffs
Hi,

Now there's something strange:
The "du" I use (busybox) still returnes strange values. The reason is that it assumes a block size of 512 bytes and doesn't care for
the file block size returned by lstat. "du" simply divides by 2 to get the number of 1k blocks (already a wrong calculation I
guess).

Filesystems like cramfs and jffs show a similiar stupid behavior. They sai that their block size is PAGE_CACHE_SIZE or PAGE_SIZE (4k
in our case) but use a hard coded 512 to calculate the block count.
It looks to me like there's something wrong in most of the filesystem inodes...

Thanx, Stephan