[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: About directory management in Y…

Author: Charles Manning
To: Domenico DI TULLIO, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: About directory management in YAFFS
On Thursday 27 May 2004 00:18, Domenico DI TULLIO wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would Know ,if possible, as the directory are managed in YAFFS.
> In particular, how are used the structure that represent the directory.

I've been on vacation for a short while....

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I will try.

There are two parts to this: What happens on NAND and what happens in
RAM/runtime.

Each yaffs_Object (file, directory,...) has an ObjectHeader stored in flash.
This contains various information including the name, type and the object id
of its parent directory. The directory structure is determined by the parent
direcory object id. When The NAND is scanned at mount time the objects are
added to the directory identified by the parent object id. This builds up the
directory structure. See yaffs_Scan() for how this works.

When we change a direcory (ie move an object) we place it into the new
directory and write a new ObjectHeader to replace the old one.

Does that help?

--Charles