[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] about YAFFS performance

Author: frankie-yang
To: yaffs, manningc2
Subject: [Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] about YAFFS performance
Hi lists,
I am now working MIPS 100MHz CPU on linux 2.4.20 with new mtd and YAFFS
(latest code from CVS) running on real nand(samsung 64M) . While I mount
/dev/mtdblock/0 with YAFFS on /mnt/yaffs and write a program to test its
performance, then the speed rate is not good. The read speed rate just
1.1Mbytes per seconds! This is not the same with the documentation
mentioned on CVS.

Any one can tell me why, or give me any suggestion to improve the
performance ??? And the speed rate listed on Documentation from CVS is
tested on what environment ????

Thanks in advance

The config what I set while building YAFFS and MTDs
#
# Memory Technology Devices (MTD)
#
CONFIG_MTD=y
# CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
# CONFIG_MTD_CONCAT is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_REDBOOT_PARTS is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS is not set
CONFIG_MTD_CHAR=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
# CONFIG_FTL is not set
# CONFIG_NFTL is not set

#
# YAFFS
#
CONFIG_YAFFS_FS=y
CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_OLD_MTD=y
CONFIG_YAFFS_MTD_ENABLED=y
# CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC is not set
# CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_GENERIC_RW is not set
CONFIG_YAFFS_DISABLE_WRITE_VERIFY=y