[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: How many times that loading kern…

Author: Charles Manning
To: guo, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] Re: How many times that loading kernel from YAFFS partion do we need?
On Thursday 21 August 2003 13:50, wrote:
> Hi all,
>      How many times that loading kernel from YAFFS partion generally?  I
> knew it is diffirent between hardwares, so I want to know a  cursory time.
> My program need 17 seconds to load it, it is too long. So i think my code
> must has error.
> Best Regards,
> Russell Greece.

At boot, YAFFS scans the partition. This means it reads part of every block
and sometimes every page.
The scanning time for YAFFS will depend on various issues:
* how fast your hardware & access routines are.
* size of your partition.
* how full the partition is.

How big is your partition?

-- CHarles