RE: [Yaffs] Soft delete messages

Author: Charles Manning
To: fali, yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] Soft delete messages
Farhan

If you don't want the messages, then turn them off in the trace mask.

The rationale behind soft deletion is that the space allocated to a file
is identified as being "deletable" and the actual final deletion is
deferred to the garbage collection processing. The alternative (ie.
Immediate deletion) would mean that deleting a file would take some time
as each chunk of flash would have to be marked as deleted. Soft deletion
is therefore your friend.

-- Charles