[Balloon] updates to "skinny"

Author: Nick Bane
To: Balloon@Balloonboard.Org
Subject: [Balloon] updates to "skinny"
The root fs "skinny" in http://husaberg.toby-churchill.com/balloon/ releases/v0.7/roots is being updated to latest ipkg.

While updating things we discovered that ipkg has a problem with the new gnu tar format due to using an outdated bit of the busybox library.

This new ipkg is is ipkg-cl. Until shown to be stable, I have moved the old ipkg to ipkg-old and made ipkg a symlink to ipkg-cl.

I have downloaded the latest ipkg cvs and put v0.99.129 into skinny along with sources. Note that this uses libipkg so one could also use it in custom installers. An ipkg will come along and be put in base when I get a spare moment.

I guess if you are having trouble with the current ipkg, an alternative could be to use the old ar format when building ipkgs (miss out the -c switch in build)

Nick

Nick Bane

+44 (0)1954 719270