RE: [Balloon] about yaffs on ARM 2410

Author: Nick Bane
To: jackzheng2002, balloon
Subject: RE: [Balloon] about yaffs on ARM 2410
> Hi, sir
> I want to use yaffs on my 2410 board. I added mtd source to

I assume you didn't mean the "mtd" source but the yaffs source.
> ./fs/yaffs, make Image , then download to flash , but when I boot
> the board, errors found,

Did you alter the config.in etc in /fs?

> modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa1/m
> odules.dep (No such file or directory)

That is normally because there is no /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa1 directory.
2.4.18 is pretty old now. You may do better with a newer kernel generally for pxa work.

> mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock/4 on /usr failed: No such device

Well ... mtd couldn't find the device. Look in the boot logs for evidence that mtd partitions are added.

> I copy the modules directory to /root, and product root.cramfs,
> then boot,

That is an odd place to put modules normally. You can force modprobe to use /root but its not normal.
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module yaffs
> mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock/4 on /usr failed: No such device

Well, its not there at all.
> I want to compile the yaffs into the kernel, I don't know why ?

There are examples (2.4.25 and 2.6.8.1 kernels) at http://husaberg.toby-churchill.com/balloon/ that should help.

Good luck.

Nick