RE: [Yaffs] I: yaffs - file system on ARM

+ (text/html)
Author: Nick Bane
To: Pesce Gianfranco, yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] I: yaffs - file system on ARM
I: yaffs - file system on ARM
-----Original Message-----
[mailto:yaffs-admin@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk]On Behalf Of Pesce Gianfranco
Sent: 05 October 2004 10:54
To: ''
Subject: R: [Yaffs] I: yaffs - file system on ARM

      to Nick

>Could you use plain text? It makes replying much easier.

Sorry ,what does means plain text ?

You are emailing html intead of text. Some Windowsy client I guess. Note the
blue text and vertical blue bars. I have seen exchange server seem to add
html as a wrapper. There is a move to bounce all html emails by zealots.

>what does /proc/yaffs say?

this is the output of my /proc/yaffs

# cat /proc/yaffs
YAFFS built:Oct 5 2004 10:04:10
$Id: yaffs_fs.c,v 1.32 2003/10/29 20:42:34 charles Exp $
$Id: yaffs_guts.c,v 1.34 2004/06/08 08:47:55 charles Exp $

Device yaffs
startBlock......... 1
endBlock........... 2174
chunkGroupBits..... 1
chunkGroupSize..... 2
nErasedBlocks...... 6
nTnodesCreated..... 0
nFreeTnodes........ 0
nObjectsCreated.... 100
nFreeObjects....... 97
nFreeChunks........ 192
nPageWrites........ 0
nPageReads......... 0
nBlockErasures..... 0
nGCCopies.......... 0
garbageCollections. 0
passiveGCs......... 0
nRetriedWrites..... 0
nRetireBlocks...... 0
eccFixed........... 0
eccUnfixed......... 0
tagsEccFixed....... 0
tagsEccUnfixed..... 6
cacheHits.......... 0
nDeletedFiles...... 0
nUnlinkedFiles..... 0
nBackgroudDeletions 0
useNANDECC......... 1
#

>How big is the mtd partition in the boot messages?

  # cat /proc/mtd
  dev:    size   erasesize  name
  mtd0: 04000000 00004000 "BON"
  mtd1: 021fc000 00004000 "mtd"

2 mtd blocks. Are both yaffs? I am not clear which block /proc/yaffs is
referring to but it looks like /mtdblock/1 as 21fc000 bytes is 2175 16k
blocks. Is there data in the nand partition? Is it sane?

I have seem this before on systems which had a mismatch in the ecc encoding
or which had had a lot of erase/resumes.
My problem was a mismatch in the ecc calculations used to write the yaffs
image (using bootldr) to nans and that used by linux. Reading was fine,
writing was a mess.

You could enable mtd debugging and it should tell you where it finds pain.

      Thanks

    Could you use plain text? It makes replying much easier.

    what does /proc/yaffs say?
    If its all used it may be that it isn't all erased ot being accessed
correctly.
    How big is the mtd partition in the boot messages?

    Nick