Re: [Yaffs] [Yaffs]bad sector control

Author: Charles Manning
To: Abhishek Bhattacharya, yaffs
New-Topics: [Yaffs] YAFFS, DOC - newbie questions
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] [Yaffs]bad sector control
YAFFS tracks bad blocks by scanning for bad block markers at boot time. These
blocks are then not used.
Any errors on blocks that occur during runtime are flagged. When the block is
garbage collected, the data is copied off and instead of erasing and
recycling the block it is marked bad and never used again.

-- CHarles