[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS fs images not working the way I expect

Author: David Wuertele
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: YAFFS fs images not working the way I expect
Thomas> OOB info is part of the filesystem.

If it is, the designer made a boo-boo! It isn't called "out-of-band"
for nothing!

Thomas> ECC is part of error correction in the NAND layer. How should
Thomas> this work without?

1. ECC is optional in the NAND layer

2.  ECC should be a component of the NAND driver, not of the
    filesystem.

Thomas> nandwrite from MTD/utils programs images with OOB info, ECC
Thomas> and is bad block aware.

But I need to pre-load my flash with a programmer. This is for the
purposes of mass production, and there's no way to do it on a machine
already running linux. How am I going to get my YAFFS partition onto
the flash?