[Yaffs] Yaffs for 2.4.27, and other questions

Author: Aras Vaichas
Subject: [Yaffs] Yaffs for 2.4.27, and other questions
Hi, I'm running 2.4.27-vrs1 for the AT91RM9200, it's the latest reliable
working kernel version for this processor, so I have no other choice but to use
it. Unfortunately, the latest MTD code only supports 2.6 kernels.

I currently have the Balloon release of YAFFS working, but I am getting all
sorts of errors with it.

e.g. I tried creating a series of 1MB files, but after a while I noticed that
the filenames started getting mangled and I ended up with multiple files with
the same name.

I'd like to be using the latest code but I'm a little confused as to which
version of YAFFS works with which kernel, and which MTD code. Initially, I
tried to compile the latest CVS code, but I kept getting so many compiler
errors and I gave up when I couldn't fix them any more.

e.g. yaffs_mtdif.c:33: unknown field `useecc' specified in initializer
I can't find any mention of "useecc" anywhere in my kernel code or the YAFFS code.

Does anyone have YAFFS working with this kernel, and can you tell me how you
did it? Or can you email me your fs/yaffs and drivers/mtd directories?

regards,

Aras Vaichas