Re: [Yaffs] Object (file) creation fix seems to have problem…

Author: Aras Vaichas
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Object (file) creation fix seems to have problems
wrote:
> Charles,
>
> I recently updated my kernel to the latest CVS YAFFS code and
> discovered rather serious filesystem corruption apparently triggered
> by heavy file unlink and creation activity. The symptoms are easily
> reproduced by repeatedly extracting a tar archive containing several
> files and symbolic links in an initially empty YAFFS file system.
> Soon, tar reports "tar: Couldnt remove old file: Directory not empty"
> for a random file which was not supposed to be a directory! Other

Hi, before xmas I was getting exactly the same problem but never got a chance
to make up a proper report for it because I've had to move projects for a
couple of months.

I was getting this error when copying a large amount of files and
subdirectories and then deleting them e.g.

# cp -a /usr /mnt/yaffs-partition-on-nand
# rm -rf /mnt/yaffs-partition-on-nand/usr

and then I would get exactly the same problems as Brad i.e I would have a file
with a crazy long name of non-printable characters and I would get the
directory not empty error message.

Don't know if this helps, but it shows that the problem isn't unique to one person.

Aras