Re: [Yaffs] Truncated files...

Author: Michael Erickson
To: eddie
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Truncated files...
Eddie,

512-bytes is the size of a TFTP data transfer. The first (and should be
only) transfer that is less than 512-bytes indicates the end of the file.

How are you verifying that the original upload is correct? Are you using
an MD5SUM or other fingerprint?

--mike

Eddie Dawydiuk wrote:
> Hello yaffers,
>
> I have recently come across a strange problem while using the yaffs
> filesystem. If I upload a file via FTP(troll-ftpd-1.26) everything looks
> ok with regard to the file uploading correctly. But as soon as I unmount
> the partition and remount it the file is truncated to the nearest 512 byte
> block. I am using kernel version 2.4.26 and have merged in the most recent
> mtd and yaffs releases. If anyone has any suggestions I would really
> appreciate them.
>
> Thanks,
> Eddie

Michael Erickson
Senior Software Engineer
Logic Product Development
(612) 436-5118
mailto:mikee@logicpd.com
http://www.logicpd.com

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.