RE: [Yaffs] An observation about "useHeaderFileSize" !

Author: Abhishek Bhattacharya
To: manningc2, yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] An observation about "useHeaderFileSize" !
Hi

If
if(dev->isYaffs2)
{
dev->useHeaderFileSize = 1;
}
is true, in that case, oh->fileSize doesnot get the actual file size.
Thus object's file size remains as 0. While scanning , yaffs2 assigns
the
Size of the file to scannedFileSize. And then the next condition is

    else if(tags.chunkId > 0)
    {
    ///code
        if(!dev->useHeaderFileSize)
        {
            in->variant.fileVariant.fileSize =

in->variant.fileVariant.scannedFileSize;
        }
    ///code
    }

And last but not the least
"The useHeaderFileSize option is only useful for YAFFS1"
"Defeat this and YAFFS2 will break" ... Could you kindly throw some more
Light on that please? I feel these two statements slightly contradict.

Regards
Abhishek