Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 2.4 support

Author: Charles Manning
To: James Newell, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 2.4 support
On Tuesday 08 March 2005 08:49, James Newell wrote:
> Yaffs2 is using a mtd 2.6 only structure members called block_isbad, and
> block_markbad members from mtd_info structure.
>
> Is yaffs2 usage of these memebers required for 2.4 kernel support? In other
> words, am I required to back port the mtd 2.6 kernel driver in order to use
> yaffs2 in a 2.4 kernel?

Probably, though I thought this was also supported in more recent 2.4.x too.
I got it going on my 2.4.27-based PC. This should be a pretty simple
back-port though.

block_isbad and block_markbad push the bad block marking & detection into the
mtd because different devices have different bad block marking strategies.